Bellefonte Mews - Cadillac House
A part of the Bellefonte Historic District, this historic building was transformed into multifamily housing.
The Cadillac Building was a multi-story car dealership in downtown Bellefonte, designed by Pennsylvania’s first registered female architect in 1916. In 2009, fire destroyed the roof and the resulting exposure to the elements caused additional deterioration until the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency provided funding for reconstruction in 2015. The existing historic building was converted into 11 multifamily, affordable housing units and includes a large community room, activity room, gym, and supportive services. Restoring the existing masonry façade was of the utmost importance to the community. The gravity framing system consisted of wood trusses on steel beams bearing on steel columns and masonry bearing walls on conventional shallow foundations.